You may have read an earlier post of mine in which I discussed leaving Canada for pastures new. It wasn’t an easy decision to make, but I’m fully embracing London life. London is obviously a much larger city than Vancouver, and there is SO MUCH to do here. From eating at Michelin starred restaurants to checking out world class exhibitions at the many museums and galleries, it’s hard to get my head around. I’ve been spending each weekend exploring a new area, and felt I needed a London bucket list to make sure I tick off everything I want to do. A few of them I’ve managed to get done already! So, here’s my bucket list:
London bucket list: Food
Have a traditional curry at one of the many curry houses on Brick Lane. I’ve already visited several times and can’t get enough!
- Go for dinner at Sushi Samba in the Heron Tower for the amazing views.
Have dinner in complete darkness at Dans Le Noir. I did this for my friend Alice’s birthday and it was quite an interesting experience!
- Check out the entertainment and craziness of Bunga Bunga over one of their giant pizzas.
- Have an adrenaline fuelled dinner with an aerial view over London with London in the Sky.
- Have a barbecue while cruising around London on a Go Boat in the summer months.
- Go for lunch or dinner at Petersham Nursery in Richmond after wandering Richmond Park looking for deer.
- Have a traditional roast dinner from the carving cart at Simpson’s at the Strand.
Eat spaghetti from a wheel of cheese at Gloria Trattoria. I visited the other week – don’t miss their amazing truffle burrata too.
- Get breakfast from the Cereal Killer Cafe.
London bucket list: Drink
Enjoy the incredible views over London with a drink or two at Sky Garden. I ticked this off in my first few weeks and I so recommend! Have drinks in an adult ball pit at Ballie Ballerson. This was such a fun and unique place for a night out!
- Have a drink and enjoy some live jazz at Soho’s Ronnie Scott’s.
- Manage to sneak into a private members club like Soho House or Annabel’s.
Go for dinner in the Shard. I ticked this off a few years ago for a friend’s birthday where we got our own private box with a view.
- Indulge in a luxury afternoon tea at the Ritz.
- Have afternoon tea at Claridge’s.
- Sip champagne at Searcy’s at St Pancras before boarding a train for Paris.
- Make my own gin at the Ginstitute.
- Go to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party.
- Sip wine at London’s oldest wine bar at Gordon’s.
- Visit Sketch and sit on one of the classic pink chairs (and of course visit those egg pod toilets).
- Press the button for champagne at Bob Bob Ricard.
London bucket list: Museums and Galleries
- Visit Damien Hirst’s art collection at the Newport Street Gallery in Vauxhall.
- Catch a fashion exhibition at the V&A.
Visit the Tate Modern and admire the views over London. I visited the other week and loved it – there’s both a window front cafe and an incredible top deck for views across the city.
- Visit the Geffrye Museum of the Home in Hoxton when it reopens in spring.
- Go to the Museum of Brands, Packaging, and Advertising in Notting Hill.
- Visit the Crime Museum at London’s New Scotland Yard.
London bucket list: Places to visit
- Visit God’s Own Junkyard in Walthamstow and see their amazing collection of neon lights.
Head to the Columbia Road Flower Market one Sunday and buy a bouquet of flowers. I live so close to the market, it’s too easy to visit – I’ll visit as many Sundays for gorgeous bouquets as I can!
- Go and see Kensington Palace and Gardens.
- See the Churchill War Rooms.
Visit Camden Market and see all the quirky stalls. I hadn’t been until I moved here and wow – Cyber Dog and the amazing food stalls can’t be missed.
London bucket list: Activities
- Catch a production of Les Miserables in the West End.
- Play a game of Drag Queen Bingo.
- Take part in Bogan Bingo at Fulham’s The Redback for live comedy.
- Have a girls’ night out and catch Magic Mike Live in a theatre.
- Go on a bar or dinner cruise along the River Thames.
- Catch a ballet performance of Swan Lake or the Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden.
- See a classic Shakespeare play at the Globe Theatre.
- Visit London Zoo for the day.
- Go for a sushi making masterclass.
- See the Christmas lights at Kew Gardens.
What’s on your London bucket list? Please let me know if there are any cool things I need to do, or any I’ve missed!